Weatherproof - The weatherproof socket's IP66 rating means that it remains watertight, even when subject to powerful water jets from any direction. Unlike any DIY store extension leads which are often sold as 'weatherproof', this lead can actually be used for prolonged periods outside.
Simple - It simply connects to a UK 13A socket, and enables the granny charger to be extended by 2m to 25m.
Protective - The inline RCD is a life-saving device that is designed to reduce the risk of receiving a fatal electric shock.
This is the only weatherproof extension lead available in the UK with a socket that can accommodate the chunkier 13A plugs now fitted to many EV chargers.
Whilst standard DIY store extension leads are manufactured from plastic connectors and cheap, easy-to-damage 1.25mmsq max PVC cable, these leads are in a different league. They are carefully constructed in our UK workshop from European manufactured (subject to stock) 1.5mmsq H07RN-F rubber cable, which is specifically manufactured for harsh environments; its safety and performance under extreme conditions simply cannot be beaten. The IP66 weatherproof socket provides protection even against powerful water jets (so it can withstand even the Great British Weather!) and has proven itself over the years as an exceptionally robust unit.
1 - 3 working days dispatch.
- Available in 2m, 5m, 10m, 15m, 20m (RCD only) and 25m (RCD only) lengths - select the required length from the drop down list above.
- Please note that the RCDs are active units, which means that the reset button must be pressed each time the power is reconnected.
- 13A rubberised plug.
- Weatherproof IP66 rated exceptional quality 13A socket, for connection to the 13A plug on a 'granny' charger. An IP66 rating means that the socket is protected against powerful water jets.
- To guard against unauthorised access, the socket can be locked shut with a small padlock (max 5.5mm diameter) available here.
- 1.5mmsq industrial specification H07RN-F rubber cable, specifically manufactured for harsh environments with high mechanical, chemical, water and UV resistance. Flexibility and performance is retained over a wide temperature range (-25 to 55°C). Find out what’s so special about our cables.
- Always ensure that leads are fully uncoiled before use, as coiled leads can become warm when used at high currents.
- Please contact us for custom lengths.
- Due to the relatively high current used by EVs, we recommend checking the plug fuse clips remain tight annually, or if the plug ever feels warm stop using it immediately.
- PAT tested.
- N.B. this lead is not compatible with the Citroen Ami, which is supplied with a European CCEE 7/7 2 pin plug.
It is the responsibility of the EV user to consider the manufacturers guidance, the safety of the supply and any other risks, before deciding whether to use an extension lead with an EV charger. Given varying advice from manufacturers and varying risks in a whole myriad of charging scenarios, we cannot make a blanket recommendation that an extension lead should be used. We simply supply high quality extension leads which are compatible with the 13A plug fitted to EV chargers. Compatibility with the charger itself is not inferred or implied. It is down to the user to determine the appropriateness of the application; if in any doubt, consult an electrician. EV Cables therefore cannot accept responsibility for any damage caused as a result of using an extension lead.